Terms and Conditions
Scope of Service
iScreen provides a simple way to its members to buy or rent video contents online for personal, private and domestic uses. We may offer some video contents to our members for viewing by way of monthly subscription or ad-supported VOD (i.e. free viewing).
To buy a video content
- Our members can buy video contents by download via the Platform (“Purchased Content”).
- Our members can download the Purchased Content to all of their registered devices for viewing.
- The Purchased Content can be viewed for an unlimited number of times and an indefinite period of time.
- We will remove video contents from our Platform when their licenses expire and no prior notification will be sent to members. Please note that if a Purchased Content is removed from our Platform and the member has not downloaded it, no refund will be granted to the member.
To rent a video content
- Our members can rent video contents by download and streaming via the Platform (“Rental Content”).
- If a video content is rented by download, it must be downloaded within 7 days after the transaction is complete. The Rental Content can be viewed for an unlimited number of times during the 7 days after the download is complete.
- If a video content is rented by streaming, the member can start viewing the Rental Content within 7 days after the transaction is complete. The Rental Content can be viewed for an unlimited number of times within 48 hours after the member starts viewing it. A video content rented by streaming is viewable on one device only at any one time.
To view video contents by monthly subscription
- At a later stage we may select some video contents and provide a Monthly Subscription Service to our members.
- For a fixed Monthly Subscription Fee, our members can view those selected video contents on an unlimited basis for a period of 30 days.
- Monthly Subscription Service is only available through streaming, i.e. members cannot download those selected video contents for viewing offline.
- Video contents available for viewing on Monthly Subscription can change from time to time.
- We reserve the right to insert advertisements during the viewing of these video contents.
To view free video contents (“AVOD”)
- At a later stage we may offer selected video contents to our members for viewing on a free-of-charge basis.
- Advertisements may be inserted and shown at regular time intervals when a video content is viewed on the AVOD basis.
- AVOD service is only available through streaming, i.e. members cannot download those video contents for viewing offline.
- Video contents available for viewing on AVOD can change from time to time.
The video contents of iScreen can be accessed through the following devices (“Allowed Devices”): -
- Personal computer
- Mobile and tablet (Android and iOS)
- Smart TV
For a list of Allowed Devices that can access iScreen’s service, please go to our FAQ. The Allowed Devices may vary for every video content and may change over time.
Each member can register up to a maximum of 4 devices at the same time. After a member is registered with us, our Platform will automatically register the first 4 devices the member uses to view our video contents. To de-register the registered devices, the member needs to contact customer service via email to customer@iScreen.hk. Please expect that a written confirmation may take at least 3 working days to process before the change is effective.
It is also your responsibility to keep your log-in ID and password confidential. If you discover any unauthorized activity in your account, you must notify us in writing at once. You will be liable to any unauthorized activity that occurs in your account.
All purchases on iScreen must be paid by credit (“iDollar”). You can purchase iDollar on iScreen using approved credit cards (Visa or Mastercard) at HK$1 for 1 iDollar. Purchased iDollar will be added to your iScreen member account. For each purchase the corresponding amount of iDollar will be deducted from your account balance. Purchased iDollar will expire on the 31st of December of the year following the purchase date as the examples given below: -
|Date of purchase||Expiry Date||Length of validity|
Any balance iDollar not used before their respective expiry date will be void automatically and no refund will be allowed. We reserve the right to change the charges of our service, or payment method when we think fit. Unless required by law, cancellation of purchase or rental of video contents will not be accepted once a transaction is complete and refund of purchased iDollar will not be allowed. Refund of monthly subscription fee will not be allowed in whole or in part once payment is made.
There are video contents on iScreen that are restricted for viewing by people under the age of 18 (“Restricted Contents”). Whenever a member tries to access a Restricted Content, our system will check the member’s age on his/her registered information. If the member is under 18 or he/she has not registered his/her age with our system, access to such Restricted Content will be denied. If a person gains access to Restricted Contents by providing false age information or using another member’s account, resulting in our Platform being liable to any claims or legal prosecution, we reserve the right to claim back such damage from the person.
You must not, and must not permit any other person to, sell, reproduce, copy, distribute, modify, exploit our video contents in any way or manner.
You agree that our video contents are only for your private domestic viewing and shall not yourself, or permit any other person to, show, play, use, access or view any of our video contents for any public or commercial purposes and/or within any public place or commercial premises.
You must not transmit, arrange for or authorize the transmission of any video content to any unauthorized device including but not limited to personal computer, television receiver or game console or to any place outside Hong Kong and Macau.
You must not circumvent, tamper with, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any digital rights management software or any other software used in connection with our service.
You agree not to use our video contents for any illegal purpose.
Intellectual Property Rights
All intellectual property rights in relation to this Platform (including but not limited to the content, layout, design, text, images, software, database, applications and underlying source code) are protected by copyright, and are owned by us or our licensors, unless otherwise specified.
iScreen is a registered trade mark of Intertainment Ltd. All other trade marks that appear on the Platform are owned by us or our licensors, unless otherwise specified.
Sometimes, for reasons outside our control, you may be unable to download or stream video contents or the downloading or streaming of video contents may be interrupted. In such event, you should contact our customer services team.
We may suspend our service anytime without prior notice to carry out system maintenance, upgrading, testing or repairing.
We may modify or withdraw any service or video content which we consider, in our sole opinion, may breach any applicable law or regulation.
We may remove, disable or suspend transmission of any video content which we consider, in our sole opinion, may breach any applicable law or regulation or inappropriate for viewing by our users.
Under no circumstances shall we be liable for any loss, cost or expense (whether direct, indirect, special or consequential) arising from your use or inability to use or access the Platform, our video contents or any information or material posted on the Platform.
Under no circumstances shall we be liable for risk of loss of video contents downloaded or streamed via the Platform. We will not be under any obligation to replace any video content once it has been successfully streamed or downloaded, including without limitation where you are unable to play such content or such content is lost/corrupted.
We shall under no circumstances be liable for any video content that you find offensive or objectionable. The ratings information and product description posted on the product page for our video contents is for your convenience only and we make no representations or warranties in respect of the accuracy or suitability of such information.
The quality of the display of a video content may vary from one device to another, and may be affected by a variety of factors, including but not limited to your location and the bandwidth/speed of your Internet connection. Therefore we cannot guarantee the quality of your viewing experience on your device.
You are responsible for all Internet access charges.
Our service is intended for people residing in Hong Kong and Macau. The following functions are only allowed if a user’s IP address is located in Hong Kong or Macau: -
- Member registration
- Making purchase transactions
- Activation of purchased or rented video contents
- Streaming of video contents
- Downloading of video contents
We may suspend your membership without any prior notice as a result of your mis-use of our service or your failure to make any payment.
We may terminate your subscription to any service, viewing period of your purchased video contents or membership at any time and for any reason on the giving of at least 7 days' prior notice to you or immediately by notice to you if
- such service becomes unavailable for whatever reason
- we no longer hold the right to distribute/provide such service or video content
Upon termination of your membership, all licenses, rights and privileges granted to you herein shall cease and you shall make immediate payment of all outstanding charges, if any.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction